I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! All of our family is out of state, so our kids were smothered with mommy and daddy time...they loved every minute of it. It rained here... it hasn't rained on a Thanksgiving in 12 years. We can always use rain living in the desert and all, so it was nice to see. The kids weren't real thrilled because they couldn't go outside, but we did puzzles, read books, watched movies, and played with play-dough.
The food was spectacular this year - being pregnant just makes everything taste sooooo good. Everything turned out great, except the sweet potatoes (one of these years I will get it right, hopefully before the kids leave for college). I only made two pies this year...with me not eating sweets even these two may have been too much.
After dinner (and naps) we called Todd's Aunts and got a wonderful surprise - Todd's cousin Lance is engaged to Laura. In case you have forgotten who they are, I have included a picture of them from when we went to Florida...aren't they cute. We are so excited for them and I just want to say, "CONGRATULATIONS"! Laura has asked that Lydia be the flower girl and Harrison be the ring barer. I can't put into words how honored I am that she has asked. The wedding will be at the end of July...so I better start working with the kids now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment