Lydia with her teacher Mrs. Schuster
Harrison with his teach Mrs. Miller
I can't believe they are in preschool! Harrison & Lydia have been ready for months now, ever since we went to visit and one of the teachers let Lydia paint and Harrison saw the class frog. It was a meet and greet today, so Todd went in Harrison's room and I went into Lydia's. While I was in Lydia's she got her picture taken and it all of the sudden hit me that they are growing up...I started to cry. After I pulled myself together I took Lydia to her spot and she colored her placemat, and then it was time for me to leave. The look on Lydia's face was pure terror...I was so close to just grabbing her hand and saying okay we will do this next year. I was strong though and smiled and told her in a very excited voice that she was going to have a great time with Mrs. Schuster and that I would be right back. I met Todd in the hall and he had gone through the same emotions while with Harrison...the only difference is that Lydia has two of her buddies from playgroup with her and Harrison doesn't know anyone in his class. I had made the decision to seperate them because I thought it would help them to grow as individuals. When we went to pick them up it was evident that they were hooked. For the rest of the day all they talked about was what they did at preschool.
1 comment:
Hang in there Mama! It's so hard to watch them grow up but so fun and exciting at the same time. They are going to have a great time. Enjoy your break :)
Post a Comment